- me: guess we just have different interpretations
- uncle: well you tend to see the glass half empty sometimes...
- me: I tend to jump down throats in the name of justice!
- uncle: truth seeker to the death!
- me: HAHAHA thanks for playing along
- Yes, sadly, this really is how we talk.
- uncle: (I don't remember verbage, but he jokingly told me to take revenge on someone.)
- me: An eye for an eye, and the world goes blind.
- uncle: I'm more "an eye for a head"...
- me: And then what happens?
- uncle: An eye for a head, and then he's done.
- me: Hahahahaha
- Gotta love him.
- Uncle: There's so much to see in south beach. You can see lots of art deco, beautiful people, celebrities, drug dealers...
- Me: Celebrity sightings are cool, but I don't care to see drug dealers.
- Uncle: The drug dealers in Miami are better looking than celebrities.
Rule #1: STYLE
Rule #2: LINGO
Rule #3: ATTITUDE
(Shaun Evaristo, choreographer)
- Cousin: I just passed a clothing boutique called swaggerlicious. Thought of you lol.
- Me: Haha, niiiice.
It’s funny how we flirt with the idea of being with someone via text messages, in-person conversations, and (2)”hanging out” before we call it (3)”dating”. All that’s just (1)”talking” to someone. So much work has taken place before you’re actually (4)”in a relationship”. During the “talking” phase, you’re playing detective to the other person’s habits, likes, dislikes, morals, etc. Do we have enough common ground yet differences in personality, to complement each other? I think all the steps are because deep down, no one wants to get hurt, and we ALL are either a) afraid of commitment in general, or b) afraid to commit to the wrong person.
It’s on to the next one, for me. Thank goodness we were only at step one. Not all is lost.
*Note: I am aware that it’s more like a 12 Step Program. I guess I cut some corners.
- Emma: You look like a pumpkin, B*TCH!
- (later) Joy: But we don't look anything like pumpkins.
- Adam: I know, she probably forgot to take her meds. For your own safety, you better get your stuff and go. Watch out, though, she could be anywhere. She's quick. Like a puma.
- (later) Emma: Hey, someone call Charlie Brown! We found the great pumpkin!
…but not one that hisses and has fangs. Just a pretty, singing one.
Movie night with some good people, tonight. This was the first movie I’ve seen in the theater since “Lincoln Lawyer”…which was great, by the way. I’m pretty sure this was also the first movie I’ve seen in 3D. I know, I should get out more.
Naturally, I’ve developed a mild crush on the missionary, played by Sam Claflin. He’s completely British, buff, and dimpled. All those things are ok with me.
Anyways, go watch the movie, it was great. Johnny Depp delivers. And yeah, you’ll want to be a mermaid, too.
I will not call Diddy “Swag”. Not this week, not next week, not ever.
- Tommy from "Barefoot Pedaler": Do we know you?
- Max: Yeah you do! If the time frame is from now on, and the place is your nightmares!
I keep revisiting words from a dear friend, last night. We were having a conversation about guys and self-worth. She shared with me something her dad once told her, and it went something like this…
“You ask, ‘Why doesn’t he like me? Am I not enough?’ No, you’re not enough. Maybe you’re too much. And wouldn’t you rather be?” -KB’s dad
Girlfriends are the best.
Yes, I am Asian.
Yes, I am a ninja.